My name is Melissa Trenholm and I’m a certified aromatherapy health professional. I completed my aromatherapy training through JoyEssence school in Guelph, ON in 2013. I am also a certified reflexologist.
Aromatherapy is the specific use of essential oils extracted from plants to enhance physical, mental and emotional well being. Aromatherapy techniques can promote healing, relaxation and uplifting effects on the mind, body and spirit.
Aroma massage employs the benefits of human touch with application of essential oils, together they become a powerful healing tool.
During a full aromatherapy treatment I will select specific oils customized to the client’s individual needs and apply these through massage. Customized blends for use at home as necessary are also available.
Essential oils bring a sense of deep calm and aromatherapy gives us quality “time out” during which our bodies can begin the healing process.
Who benefits from Aromatherapy? Everyone!
Reflexology is a natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the hands and feet that correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body.
Reflexology is very safe and can be done on anyone.
Some aromatherapy health benefits:
- Speeds up healing process
- Provides relief from insomnia and stress
- Eliminates feelings of depression and anxiety
- Increases circulation and energy levels in the body
- Gives relief from headache and migraine
- Boosts immune system and digestive system
- Helps in treating constipation, indigestion and bloating
- Increase/decrease appetite
- Relieves different types of pain in the body
- Boosts memory capacity
- Reduces severity and discomfort caused by some skin conditions.