Need some energy each morning but a shot of espresso just doesn’t cut it?
Try a quick workout to turn on your brain, awaken your body and start your day off on a positive foot.
1. Know your ‘why’ and remember it when you’re getting started.
Ex: To feel more energized or wake up your mind
2. Get a glass of a water and have a light snack/food (if you choose)
3. Get moving!
Here’s your workout to try tomorrow morning. No equipment needed:
• 30 seconds- arm swing/ hugging your self movement
• 15 seconds- arm circles
• 15 seconds- arm circles(switch directions)
• 30 seconds- butt kickers (fast or slow)
• 30 seconds- squat and reach (squat down then reach up when standing)
• 1 min- slow burpees (hands on the ground, walk each foot back into a plank position then walk each foot back to your hands, stand upright and repeat)
• 1 min- alternating upper cuts (bent arm punching upward)
• 1 min- squat and hold while step side to side
• 1 min- jumping jacks (fast or slow)
• 1 min-front kicks (alternating legs)
• 1 min- forward lunges with arms straight Over head (stepping forward alternating legs)
• 30 seconds-arm swings
• 15 seconds-arm circles
• 15 seconds-arm circles (switch directions)
• 30 seconds- butt kickers
• 30 seconds-squat and reach
Kate Skinner, Registered Massage Therapist